Hot water running down on your tired muscles immediately relaxes your tense muscles and creates a deep sensation of wellbeing. Whether you stand blankly under a spray of running hot water or get a quick scrub before work, even five minutes helps to regroup and refresh you. Make the most out of your cleansing routine with these simple tips that makes your skin, hair and mind feel brand new.
• Wellness experts and skincare professionals emphasise the benefits of dry brushing for two to five minutes before a shower. It helps remove dead skin cells and invigorate the skin, also possibly temporarily reducing cellulite. Experts say that it helps detox the lymphatic system, just like a massage leaving you with a rosy glow and a supple feel to your skin.
• While steaming hot showers can feel life, hot water is known to strip the skin and hair of their natural oils, leaving them dry and brittle. Instead, try cool or tepid showers. Cold water is actually good for your mood too – in fact, it has an anti depressive effect. Cold exposure releases the pain suppressing hormones beta-endorphin and noradrenalin, which can decrease depression symptoms. Even if you don’t have depression, this boost of hormones can kick-start clear thinking, increase blood flow and muscle engagement, and decrease inflammation.
• The organic and natural product market is expected to be worth $25 billion dollars by 2025. People are beginning to see the connection between toxins in personal care products and potential health effects like reduced fertility, endometriosis and cancer. Now people know to avoid products that have parabens, phthalates, styrene, triclosan, and fragrance to name a few. Consider looking for shower products that have a small natural ingredient list.
• Showers can be cleansing for our thoughts as they are for our bodies. Water is a powerful way to cleanse your aura. As an element of wellbeing, water cleanses, purifies and renews.
• Use oil to shave instead of soap or body wash actually gets you closer. By coating your legs with oil you are creating a barrier for your skin which helps protect it from the blade. The smooth texture of oil also helps prevent the blade from tugging at the hair and pinching. Use cold-pressed, unrefined organic oils to get all the benefits of vitamins and minerals as well. Avocado and jojoba oil in particular have antimicrobial effects.
• Create a calming experience in your shower using aromatic oils. Besides clearing congestion, reducing stress, and improving circulation, steam opens pores leaving your skin cleaner and bacteria free. Aromatic oils provide healing benefits. Organic lavender for relaxation, eucalyptus for decongestion, or rosemary for stimulation are all great oils.