Energy bars can be an ideal sugar-free dessert, post workout snack, useful during fasting or a quick bite to satisfy hunger pangs. This recipe is made with the combination of dry fruits and nuts and can be easily varied according to preference.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 14 pieces
1 cup dates pitted
1 cup hot water
1 cup cashew
1 cup almonds
½ cup walnut
¼ cup pistachios
¼ cup sesame seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup dry coconut grated
½ cup honey
½ tsp cardamom powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup rolled oats
• In a bowl, soak one cup dates in one cup hot water for two hours.
• Blend to smooth paste without adding any water. Keep aside.
• In a pan, take one cup cashew, one cup almonds, ½ cup walnut, ¼ cup pistachios, ¼ cup sesame seeds and ¼ cup pumpkin seeds.
• Roast on low flame for • five minutes or until the nuts turn crunchy.
• Now add ½ cup dry coconut and continue to roast.
• Transfer the roasted nuts to a bowl and keep aside.
• In a pan now take dates paste and saute on medium flame.
• Cook until the paste thickens.
• Add in roasted nuts, ½ cup honey, ½ tsp cardamom powder and ¼ tsp salt.
• Turn off the flame and mix well making sure everything is combined well.
• Further in a pan, roast ½ cup rolled oats on medium flame until it turns aromatic. Blend to a fine powder.
• Add in oats powder to the dry fruit dates mixture. Combine well, keep mixing until the mixture thickens.
• Transfer the prepared mixture into a greased plate lined with baking paper.
• Set well forming a block.
• Allow setting for an hour in the refrigerator.
• Now un-mould and cut into pieces.
• Finally, serve energy bar or store in an airtight container. Can be kept for a month in the refrigerator.
• The sweetness from the dates is more than sufficient for this bar recipe. But you may add jaggery syrup or even brown sugar syrup for the desired sweetness level.
• Add dry fruits of your choice to make nutritious.
• Adding oats powder helps the mixture to thicken and hold shape.
• Roast the dry fruits on low flame to prevent from burning.
• Energy bars can be cut to any desired shape.