• Milk: Turmeric milk is traditionally made with whole milk but can easily be substituted with dairy-free milk such as almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
• Ground turmeric
• Ground cinnamon
• Ginger: Fresh or ground ginger both work well.
• Black pepper
• Sweetener: Both honey and maple syrup add natural sweetness.
Combine ingredients: In a small saucepan, whisk milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer.
Simmer: Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for five minutes. Turn off the heat and add sweetener, if using.
Strain and serve: Using a strainer, pour into two cups.
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon if you like it.
CREAMY HOT COCOA
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¾ cup white sugar
• 1 pinch salt
• 1/3 cup boiling water
• 31/2 cups milk
• ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ cup half cream
Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.